This morning while Sarah and I were at our weekly “Day Off Breakfast” (otherwise known as “It’s frickin’ 7am and I’m hungry so get your butt out of bed so we can go get some food!”), we were talking about baby stuff: names, showers, registering for stuff, etc. And we were surprised to realize that…huh, we had some questions.
I mean, it’s only that we’re doing this for the first time. So, here’s your chance to help!
Our due date is March 20th, but we’re very aware that the twins could come even as much as a month early. So we have already had one request to throw us a shower (hurray!), and I think that one might be early January. But I’m guessing we might need to do another one sometime before the end of the year…so we are in the mode of thinking about registering, where to register, how to register, etc.
We have some books to read (specifically about twins and registering for twins) but we always love comments and feedback from friends and real people instead of just trying to think through suggestions made to us by a book. So, here are some questions that we could use some help with (if you have other advice or suggestions that I didn’t ask for – please share it anyway):
- Where is the best place to register?
- If you register at one place (Babies R Us for example) but you still want some separate items from specific stores (boutique store clothing, a special stroller, etc), can you register for other things like that? And then just let people know?
- With twins – do you really need two of everything? We’re guessing not – but what are those items that we would ABSOLUTELY want two of?
- What are some things that stores/books/etc make you think that you most definitely need – but…you really don’t?
- What is the one item that you couldn’t have made it through the 6 months without having?
- What is something you bought that you never ended up using?
- Do you have any other tips about how to register for baby showers?
- Any advice about baby showers in general?